Hancock-Wood offers a $250 Rebate on new or replacement ENERGY STAR certified Air Conditioning System installations until Funds are Depleted.
Also receive a four-month (June - Sept.) $5.50 bill credit whether the switch is activated or not. This is part of our program to help control the demand for electricity and continue to stabilize rates.
Installation of a Radio-Controlled Switch or RCS on the above system is required for rebate; however, not all systems are able to accept having a switch installed. If your system will not accept a switch, this will only affect $100 of the entire rebate. Please call us so we can schedule an evaluation of your system.
Hancock-Wood rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis between Jan. 1, 2023, and Dec. 31, 2023, or when funds are depleted, or the program is discontinued.
- This rebate is only available to residential Members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative.
- The air conditioning unit must be purchased between Jan. 1, 2023, and Dec. 31, 2023.
- The air conditioning unit efficiency must be 16 SEER or greater.
- An air conditioning unit not qualifying for the ENERGY STAR rebate can qualify for a $100 rebate by having an RCS installed where one does not exist. The $5.50 monthly bill credit annually (June-September) will also apply to these installations.
- A maximum of two rebates may be paid per residential Member home from Jan. 1, 2023, and Dec. 31, 2023.
How do I participate?
- Contact Us for installation.
- Hancock-Wood will complete the necessary forms with your information.
- Rebate will be in the form of a bill credit unless indicated by member.