New Home Builder, We Ask You to Contact Us Immediately
A Guide To: Rural Residential Construction
Please fill out this form to request the retirement of your service.
Does Hancock-Wood serve my location?
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) determines the boundaries of electric utilities (although, it does not have "jurisdiction" over electric cooperatives because we are not a public utility). Visit the PUCO website to see the map boundaries of utilities in Ohio.
The Ohio Revised Code (O.R.C. or R.C.) contains the laws of Ohio, which the legislature enacts. Check out the following sections from the O.R.C. website pertaining to public utilities:
- 4933.81 Certified territories for electric suppliers definitions.
- 4933.82 Boundaries of certified territory of electric suppliers.
- 4933.83 Exclusive right to furnish electric service to electric load centers.
- 4933.84 Right of electric supplier to continue or extend electric service within certified territory following annexation or incorporation of territory.
- 4933.85 Assigning or transferring rights.
- 4933.86 Violations.