Touchstone Energy Home
The Touchstone Energy Home Program is a great way for you to work with Hancock-Wood to get the most value and comfort from your new home.
A Touchstone Energy Home is designed to be energy efficient and economical, as well as comfortable. It was developed to help homeowners and builders in our communities.
So you can have the home of your dreams that is also energy efficient, economical and comfortable. But you also receive a free ENERGY STAR rating audit, which includes two visits to the home by our energy auditing firm, who works with your builder to attain certification for Touchstone Energy Home and ENERGY STAR home ratings.
If you are planning to build a new home, you need to know about the Touchstone Energy Home Program. It can help make your home more energy efficient.
Click here for a list of program standards.
Hancock-Wood's rebate budget is limited; offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first serve basis, or when the program is discontinued.
- Hancock-Wood must have a signed program agreement with the builder of the new home
- Home must be built to TSE specifications and be certified by a home energy rating company
- Construction must be completed before rebate is issued
- Only one rebate may be paid per new home constructed
- The builder will be responsible for paying any certification/rating fees from the rating company should they not pass certification or be willing to make modifications to pass.
- Buckeye Power will provide one to two hours of training to the builder, contractor, and others in order to assist with understanding of the program.
- Other stipulations apply. Please contact HWEC for more information if you are interested in this program.
How do I participate?
- Contact Us if you are considering this program. Specific requirements will be outlined for you and your builder before construction begins.
- After home construction is completed and certified by a home energy rating company, Hancock-Wood will meet with the owner and builder to go over any final details.
- Our member services representatives will complete your paperwork and a check will be mailed to you within four weeks
If you wish to take part in this program, have your builder fill out this home profile form.